Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why do people hate Apple?

Spoiler alert: I don't know the answer.

MacDailyNews published an amazing story today in which Apple's customer service team went way above and beyond the call of duty. I don't want to quote it here and steal their thunder. Click the title of this piece to link to the original story.

Back to our question: Why do people hate Apple?

- Apple provides excellent customer service.
- Apple products always have the highest user satisfaction ratings.
- Apple's innovations are literally life changing and always in a good way.
- Apple isn't a dictatorship. If you don't like their products, you're free to shop somewhere else.

I know that it's human nature for a certain portion of the population to rebel against whoever is on top. Even Apple may have benefitted from this tendency during the dark days when Microsoft seemed both omnipotent and omnipresent. But I still don't really understand the venom that spews from Apple's detractors.

As I said to start this post, I don't have an answer...yet. But I'm going to think on this and I suspect that, with some time and with some focused thought, an answer may come to me. If you think you have an answer now, please chime in. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment